Note: Season Pass content add-ons are included as part of the installation, there is no code redemption necessary to access them.
PlayStation 5 Installation
The LEGO Marvel Collection physical release for PlayStation 4 can be played via backwards compatibility on PlayStation 5. Your PS5 console will require a disc drive to use this version of the game(s).
- Insert the single game disc into your PlayStation 5 Console. LEGO Marvel Collection will appear on the screen as a compilation with all 3 titles.
- Highlight the title you wish to install and press the "X" button to confirm on your Dualsense Controller. This will start the installation for that specific title and any of the add-on content for it.
- Repeat this process for any of the other titles in the collection that you wish to install. Even if the progress bar fills up for that game, the disc may continue to spin inside of the PS5 console while add-ons and other game content copies to the console in the background.
Note: If you own a PlayStation 5 Digital Edition console, this collection is available for sale digitally through the PlayStation Store. The installation steps shared here apply to the physical release only.
PlayStation 4 Installation
- Insert the single game disc into your PlayStation 4 Console. Each of the 3 titles will be presented on the screen for installation.
- Highlight the title you wish to install and press the "X" button to confirm on your DualShock 4 Controller. This will start the installation for that specific title and any of the add-on content for it.
- Repeat this process for any of the other titles in the collection that you wish to install. If the progress bar fills up, the disc may continue to spin inside of the PS4 console while add-ons and other content copies to the console in the background.
If you need to confirm which add-on packs have been installed from the disc, highlight the specific game, press the "Options" button and select "Information". From there, press the "X" button to view your installed add-ons.
The Xbox One physical release of LEGO Marvel Collection is also playable on Xbox Series X and any Xbox One Console with a disc drive.
- Insert the disc labelled ''Disc 1''. This will bring you to LEGO Marvel Collection in the ''Ready to install'' menu
- Select the individual content to install, or choose “Select all”, and choose “Install” to confirm.
You can monitor the process of the overall installation via "My Games and Apps" under the "Manage Queue" menu.
You can launch the games before the installation is complete, but some content may not be accessible and add-ons have not yet been installed as they install afterwards. To ensure the most smooth experience, we suggest waiting for the entire process to complete.
- Installation will proceed until a prompt appears that asks to insert "Disc 2".
- Insert the “Disc 2” to continue installing the last title, LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes
- Once the “Disc 2” installation is complete, another prompt will appear to reinsert "Disc 1".
- Insert ''Disc 1'' then select the LEGO Marvel Collection title in your installed games list you wish to play. This disc will be needed when launching each game in future play sessions. If you need to confirm which add-on packs have been installed from the discs, highlight the specific game and press the "Menu" button on your Xbox Controller. Choose "Manage Game and Add-On Content" and from that menu you can see which add-on packs have been installed.
Note: The collection is also available for sale digitally through the Xbox Store if you own a Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition. The installation steps shared here apply to the physical release only.
RECENT ISSUE: Xbox Insider Program
We've seen reports of players not being able to install all of the content from the game discs. These players are all part of the Xbox Insider Program which is a benefit that allows players to test new Xbox System updates and features that are still in development. We've found that removing your console from the program will resolve the issue and allow you to complete the installation from the discs. You can do so through the steps provided by Xbox below:
How to remove a single console from the Xbox Update Preview Program
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox or a Windows 10 device.
- On the main landing page, select Settings.
- Select Manage devices and choose the one you want to remove from the program.
- Select Done.
- What games are included in the LEGO Marvel Collection?
- My game is crashing on my PS5, PS4, XB1, or Xbox Series X|S
Need more? Submit a new question here, or track and view open tickets.