If LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 is crashing on your game console, it often indicates a problem with your game install. To resolve the issue, follow the steps below for your console.
Note: For assistance with remastered version of LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 that is included in the LEGO Harry Potter Collection, please check out this article.
Table of Contents
- In the Cross Media Bar (XMB) on your PlayStation 3 console, select the 'Game Data Utility' under the 'Game' category
- Highlight the title where you've encountered the crashing
- Press the Triangle Button
- Select Delete and Confirm
- After confirming the deletion and allowing the process to complete, reinsert the game disc to reinstall the game (if a physical copy of the game) or visit your Download List in the PlayStation Store and select the game to download it again (if a digital copy of the game).
You may need to repeat the above steps if there are multiple listings of your game under the 'Game Data Utility'.
Important Note: Your save data is in a separate location under the 'Save Data Utility', so it will not be lost from the steps taken above. Ensure that you do not delete this data.
- Press the Guide button (Xbox logo) on your Xbox 360 Controller, choose Settings, and select System Settings
- Choose Storage and highlight any storage device displayed.
- In the Device Options screen, select Clear System Cache and choose Yes at confirmation prompt that appears.
- Clearing the Cache will remove any previously installed game updates. These updates will download automatically when you next try to launch the game.